If you have experience on Commvault / Veaam / Veritas / Netbackup / Storvault / Redstor / Data Protector / Tivoli, we want you to join our team of dynamic support specialists with a passion for data management and performance excellence.
POSITION: Support Engineer – Data Management & Backups
LOCATION: Weltevreden Park
SALARY: Market related for junior level position (1-2 years’ experience)
TO APPLY: Please ensure that your application is accompanied by a CV that gives detailed work experience, including dates of employment and reasons for leaving. Regrettably only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 1 month, it means you have not been shortlisted.
If you meet the stipulated minimum requirements, use the link below to apply.
This position will provide first line, remote support to our growing client base. The ideal candidate will have a recognised IT qualification, a minimum of 1 year system / server / backup support experience, have excellent communication skills and be very customer and service focused.
We offer extensive and ongoing training, interesting colleagues, and the opportunity to grow with us.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (not negotiable):
- Grade 12
- IT qualification (NQF4 and higher)
- Valid SA ID
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle as you will be required to work rotational shifts and be able to occasionally travel to assist clients on-site (this is an inherent requirement for this role)
- At least 1year’s technical server / system / backup support experience
- Previous experience with Commvault or other Backup Software advantageous
Minimum technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and its components. This includes troubleshooting via the event logs, understanding how to acquire crash dumps and application dumps, making registry changes etc.,
- Knowledge of networking and troubleshooting connectivity, name resolution, and performance-based issues with OS and/or hardware,
- Understanding of Backup Theory,
- Practical Microsoft Office skills.
- Linux knowledge or experience,
- VMware/Hyper-V or any other Hypervisor knowledge or experience,
- SAN, NAS and Tape device knowledge or experience,
- Commvault / Veeam / NetBackup / Storvault or similar knowledge or experience (very advantageous).
- Answer incoming problem calls, emails and system-generated tickets,
- Resolve quick, simple issues (15 minutes),
- Categorise and tag unresolved issues and assign these to appropriate Senior Support Engineers,
- Document and track customer information and details of the problem,
- Effectively handover unresolved tickets to Senior Support Engineers,
- Effectively communicate the results of their intervention to the customer,
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks for Remote Monitoring and Managed Services customers, including mandatory daily reporting.
- Strong customer relations skills,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (this will be assessed as part of the application process),
- Ability to multi-task,
- Strong time management skills,
- Sense of responsibility,
- Ability to work in a team.