Do you enjoy IT problem solving and speaking to clients? Here’s an opportunity to join a team of dynamic support specialists with a passion for data management and performance excellence.
POSITION: First Line Support Engineer
LOCATION: Roodepoort, West Rand
SALARY: Market related for junior level position (1-2 years’ experience)
Please ensure that your application is accompanied by a CV that gives detailed work experience, including dates of employment and reasons for leaving. Regrettably only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 1 month of your application, it means you have not been shortlisted.
This position will provide first line, remote support to our growing client base. The ideal candidate will bring a technical background, good client interaction, excellent communication skills and agile thinking to this fast paced and rapidly growing organization. We offer extensive and ongoing training, interesting colleagues, and the opportunity to grow with us.
- Answer incoming problem calls, emails and system-generated tickets,
- Resolve quick, simple issues (15 minutes),
- Categorise and tag unresolved issues and assign these to appropriate Second Line Support Engineers,
- Document and track customer information and details of the problem,
- Effectively handover unresolved tickets to Second Line Support Engineers,
- Effectively communicate the results of their intervention to the customer,
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks for Managed Services customers.
- Grade 12
- IT qualification (NQF4 and higher)
- Valid SA ID
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle as you will be required to work shifts and be able to occasionally assist clients on-site
- At least 1 year technical server support experience.
- Previous experience with Commvault or other Backup Software advantageous.
Minimum technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and its components. This includes troubleshooting via the event logs, understanding how to acquire crash dumps and application dumps, making registry changes etc.,
- Knowledge of networking and troubleshooting connectivity, name resolution, and performance-based issues with OS and/or hardware,
- Understanding of Backup Theory,
- Practical Microsoft Office skills.
- Linux knowledge or experience,
- VMware\Hyper-V or any other Hypervisor knowledge or experience,
- SAN, NAS and Tape device knowledge or experience,
- Commvault Software Suite knowledge or experience (very advantageous)
- Microsoft Office 365,
- 3CX Softphone.
- Strong customer relations skills,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (this will be assessed as part of the process),
- Ability to multi-task,
- Strong time management skills,
- Sense of responsibility,
- Ability to work in a team.