POSITION: Junior IT Support Engineer (AA/EE) – Data Management & Backups
LOCATION: Weltevreden Park, Roodepoort
SALARY: Market related for junior/entry level position (1-2 years’ experience)
TO APPLY: Please ensure that your application is accompanied by a CV that gives detailed and relevant work experience, including dates of employment and reasons for leaving. Regrettably only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 1 month, it means you have not been shortlisted.
If you meet the stipulated minimum requirements, use the link below to apply.
This position will provide remote support to our growing customer base. The ideal candidate will have a recognised IT qualification, 1-2 years’ system / server / backup support experience, a passion for learning, have excellent communication skills and be very customer and service focused.
We offer extensive and ongoing training, interesting colleagues, and the opportunity to build a career a career as a data management support specialist.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (not negotiable):
- Recognised IT qualification (NQF4 and higher)
- At least 1 year technical server/system/backups support experience
- Valid SA ID
- Must be able to work 24/7/365 on rotational shift basis including weekends and public holidays (inherent requirement for the role)
- No criminal record (background checks will be conducted)
- Exceptional communication skills and fluency in English
- Must enjoy interacting with clients telephonically
- Previous experience with Backup Software is definitely advantageous
- Linux knowledge or experience
- VMware/Hyper-V or any other Hypervisor knowledge or experience
- SAN, NAS and Tape device knowledge or experience
- Answer incoming problem calls, emails and system-generated tickets
- Resolve quick, simple issues (15 minutes)
- Document and track customer information and details of the problem
- Effectively manage escalated issues
- Effectively communicate the results of intervention to the customer
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks for Managed Services customers, including mandatory daily reporting